Family immigration

Work permit

Employers in the United States should be sure that all their employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are authorized to work in the country.

There are several types of visas a person can apply for and obtain a work permit through Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

If you are a Legal Permanent Resident or a Conditional Permanent Resident, you do not need an Employment Authorization Document. Your Foreign Registration Card is proof that you can work in the United States.

If you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you must request an Employment Authorization Document that is obtained as a benefit of the visa or applications being requested.

At the Law Office Katherine Canto we can assist you in the representation and application of a work permit. For more information or to request an appointment please call us at 667-308-2264 or 443-845-9879.

Let's talk about your case